Sign up anytime during the semester!
Requirements for Membership
- Current undergraduate, graduate, faculty, staff, or alumni of the University of Miami
- Ability to understand safety briefings and emergency directions in English
- In good health, and ability to receive medical clearance to dive from a physician if necessary
- Basic water skills and comfort
***NOTE: Scuba certification is not a prerequisite for membership, however, only certified divers may rent equipment or participate in club diving activities. Open Water certification classes are offered every semester, and more information can be found under Training.
How to Join
- Join the UM Scuba Orgsync (password is scuba16), AND completely fill out the 2016-2017 membership form
- Join the Federation of Club Sports Orgsync page, AND completely fill out the Club Sports Participant Form
- Joining us on Orgsync adds you to our email list, you can also follow us on Instagram and Facebook. Additionally we have a Facebook group, that serves as a better platform for discussion than the page.
- Pay membership dues at a meeting, or submit to our mailbox in a labeled envelop in Ungar 210-A. Cash or checks made out to "cash" are the only accepted payment methods.
- If you aren't already certified, sign up for a class, or come on out diving with us!
Undergraduates: $65 per academic year, or $40 per semester.
Non-undergraduates: $75 per academic year, or $50 per semester.
*Dues are non-transferable and non-refundable and expire at the end of the academic year, or until the Spring semester begins if a semester membership is purchased in the fall*
Benefits of Membership
- Discounted weekly charter trips (typically $25-$50).
- Discounted certification and continuing education courses. See our Training section.
- Overnight camping trips scheduled once or twice a semester.
- Free equipment rental (excluding mask, snorkel, and fins) on all club sponsored activities.
- Access to free equipment rental for non-club activities on an as available basis. See our Equipment section.
- Opportunity to purchase "4-dive credit" packs giving you credit for 4 club trips for $100
- Dive credits purchased in the manner above, like dues, are non-transferable, non-refundable, and expire at the end of the academic year.